Morristown NJ Expungement LawyerHave you been arrested and charged with a criminal offense in the State of New Jersey? If so, you are probably concerned about how a conviction might negatively impact your future. There could be negative consequences that last a very long time.

Part of the problem is that we live in the Internet age. These days, information about anyone and anything is available at the click of a button. A consequence of this is that an arrest record or a criminal record can be easily accessed by employers, interviewers, family members, friends, and anyone else. As a result, you might find it difficult to gain employment in the future. You could also be limited in other opportunities, such as coaching youth sports teams or even adopting a child.

Additionally, don’t make the mistake of thinking that your record is clean just because you were not convicted. Even if the charges were dropped and your case was dismissed, the arrest will still remain on your record.

The good news is that a solution exists. Under certain circumstances, it is possible to remove all traces of a past arrest, charge, or conviction by petitioning for an expungement. The skilled attorneys at the Tormey Law Firm provide this service for clients every day.

Most New Jersey residents do not know that they can have their criminal history – including arrests, charges, and convictions – removed from their permanent records. All it takes is contacting an experienced lawyer who can help them complete the expungement process.

The expungement process begins with the filing of a petition in Superior Court. After filing the petition, you must complete a series of steps, some of which can be extremely complicated. However, an attorney may be able to complete these steps for you so that you never even need to appear in court.

Once a superior court judge signs an order of expungement, your record will be clear and you will be legally permitted to respond to questions about any previous arrests, charges, or convictions by answering, “No.”

Whether you are looking to expunge an indictable offense, a disorderly persons offense, or a previous arrest, an experienced criminal defense attorney can assist you.


If you want to know whether you might be eligible to have an arrest, charge, or conviction expunged from your permanent record, contact Travis J. Tormey for a free consultation.