Pequannock NJ Armed Robbery SuspectPequannock NJ police arrested a man who allegedly robbed a local convenience store and threatened a store employee.

The theft incident reportedly occurred shortly before 12:30 a.m. According to law enforcement, the 30-year-old suspect walked into the Grab & Go convenience store located at 341 Route 23 South in Pequannock Township, New Jersey.

After entering the store, the suspect reportedly approached a store employee and ordered her to hand over money. The suspect was brandishing some kind of metal object in his hand when he allegedly said that he would stab the worker unless she gave him the cash.

When the victim tried to set off the store’s alarm, the suspect allegedly threw her to the floor. The suspect then allegedly grabbed $150 in cash from the register before running out of the store.

Pequannock NJ police were called to the scene. Police officers from Pequannock and Butler conducted a joint investigation and spoke with the witness. Investigators also got store surveillance footage that reportedly showed the suspect in the process of committing the robbery. Police eventually determined the identity of the suspect and placed him under arrest.

The suspect, who lives in Butler NJ, was charged with several crimes, including armed robbery, theft of movable property, aggravated assault, and possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose.

If the suspect is ultimately convicted of armed robbery, he would face severe penalties. As set forth by N.J.S.A. 2C:15-1, anyone who commits a theft while using a weapon such as a knife or a handgun can be charged with a first degree crime. A conviction on first degree armed robbery charges could lead to a sentence of 10-20 years in NJ State Prison.

After being arrested and processed, the suspect was remanded to the Morris County Correctional Facility in Morristown, New Jersey. He was being held at the jail in lieu of $250,000 bail.

For more information about this case, go to the article entitled “Robber Who Threatened to Stab Woman Arrested, Police Say.”