Travis Tormey, the founding partner of the Tormey Law Firm, is an experienced and aggressive criminal defense attorney who defends clients accused of committing crimes in Morris County, Bergen County, Essex County, and everywhere else in New Jersey. Travis also routinely represents students from Seton Hall University, Seton Hall Law School, Rutgers University, and Rutgers Law School. Travis previously attended Seton Hall Law School, where he earned a J.D. and graduated with cum laude honors. Prior to that, he attended Rutgers University for undergrad and graduated with summa cum laude honors. These days, Travis still remains actively involved with both schools.
Tormey Law Firm Assists Seton Hall Students Facing Criminal Charges
Seton Hall’s main campus is in East Orange, NJ, while the Seton Hall Law School is located in Newark, New Jersey. Rutgers University has a main campus in New Brunswick and secondary campuses in Newark and Camden, NJ.
Travis Tormey has represented countless students from Seton Hall and Rutgers who have been charged with criminal offenses, including felonies and disorderly persons offenses. If you have been arrested and/or charged with a drug crime like simple possession of marijuana, an assault offense like simple assault, or a theft offense like shoplifting, Travis can help you fight the charges and make sure you avoid a criminal record.
Travis J. Tormey also has experience defending clients against drunk driving charges, including charges for Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) and Driving Under the Influence (DUI). If you have been charged with a DWI or a DUI while driving in East Orange, Newark, New Brunswick, Camden, or anywhere else in New Jersey, Travis can help you.
Travis J. Tormey’s credentials as an NJ criminal defense lawyer are extremely impressive and include the following:
- Travis has defended countless clients against criminal charges in superior courts and municipal courts throughout New Jersey.
- Travis served with the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey in various capacities, including the sex crimes, white collar crimes, and gang task force units.
- Prior to founding the Tormey Law Firm, Travis worked with two of the largest criminal defense law firms in the State of New Jersey.
- Travis has unique qualifications that allow him to contest DWI and DUI charges. For example, he is certified in the operation and maintenance of the Alcotest 7110 breathalyzer device, the official breath-testing machine used by NJ law enforcement.
- Travis was recognized for his legal expertise in numerous media outlets, including the Asbury Park Press, the Bergen Record, and the Daily Record.
- Travis was named one of the Top 10 Criminal Defense Attorneys Under 40 in New Jersey by the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys. He was also named one of the Top 40 Attorneys Under 40 in the Nation by the National Trial Lawyers Association.
Travis J. Tormey Beats Criminal and DWI Charges in Morris County, NJ
Travis Tormey and his criminal defense team at the Tormey Law Firm are prepared to help clients fight criminal charges, DWI charges, and traffic citations in courtrooms throughout New Jersey.
Mr. Tormey has successfully represented many clients facing criminal charges in Morris County superior courts and municipal courts. Here are a few of the recent cases that Travis has successfully handled in Morris County:
- Travis Tormey Gets PTI for Morristown Credit Card Fraud Charges
- Parsippany Theft Charges Dismissed
- Parsippany NJ Simple Assault Charges Dropped
- Morris County NJ Restraining Order Dismissed
Travis Tormey is well known for his invaluable YouTube videos, which provide extremely useful information on how to beat criminal charges, DWI charges, and traffic tickets in Morris County and elsewhere in New Jersey. Here are some of Travis’ top videos on contesting NJ criminal charges: