The Harding Municipal Court is located at 21 Blue Mill Road, P.O. Box 666, New Vernon, New Jersey 07976. The main telephone number for the court is (973)267-8000. The fax number for the court is (973)267-6221. The main court personnel are as follows:
- Judge: Gary F. Troxell, J.M.C.
- Prosecutor: Peter A. Fico, esq.
- Court Administrator: Barbara Schwab, C.M.C.A.
- Harding Police Department: (973)455-0500
Court is held the first and third Tuesdays of the month at 3 p.m. and the second and fourth Fridays of the month at 11 a.m.
The Harding Municipal Court is a court of limited jurisdiction. The court handles minor criminal offenses (known as disorderly persons and petty disorderly persons offenses), traffic matters, and driving while intoxicated (DWI) charges. Some of the criminal offenses may include:
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Simple Assault
- Possession of marijuana
- Disorderly Conduct
- Criminal Mischief
Some of the traffic offenses handled in Harding Municipal Court include:
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Reckless driving
- Possession of drugs in a motor vehicle